We Have The Solution to Frequent Basement Floods in Chicago
If your Chicago home has a basement, chances are you’ll eventually experience flooding down there. We have a high water table, so every significant rain shower has the potential to raise the groundwater high enough to invade your basement. Instead of trying to figure out how to remove the water after the flood, call J. Blanton Plumbing to have a sump pump installed.
Sump pumps are one of the most effective ways to keep water out of your basement. Installed in a sump pit dug at the lowest point in your basement, they have sensors that detect when water is accumulating in the pit and automatically pump water away from your basement before it can overflow the pit and flood your basement.
Benefits of a Sump Pump
- Prevent Flood Damage When heavy rain causes basement flooding, you can quickly have a foot or more of water covering the floor, damaging everything inside. But with a sump pump, this disaster can be avoided.
- Reduced Mold & Mildew Continual dampness in a basement will contribute to the growth of mold and mildew, which damage building material and pose health risks. A sump pump will keep mold and mildew from forming.
- Reduced Risk Of Fire Flooding is actually one of the most common causes of electrical fires due to blown fuses in laundry machines, water heaters and heating systems. Using a sump pump prevents water from threatening electrical equipment that could cause fires.
Whether your basement is used for storage or is a finished living space, a sump pump will keep it dry so you don’t have to worry about water damage. Call J. Blanton Plumbing at (773) 724-9272 today to find the right sump pump for your home’s needs.
Why J. Blanton
We take our business seriously and want you to know it. These are just some of the credentials we hold to show that when you choose J. Blanton Plumbing, you’re getting a plumber you can rely on:
- State of Illinois Bonded Plumbing Contractor
- City of Chicago Licensed Plumbing Contractor
- City of Chicago Department of Water Management License
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency CCCDI Backflow Inspectors License
- City of Chicago Business License
- BBB Accredited Business